Flamecheck Firewall-X (exterior) is an intumescent fire retardant coating that provides a 1-2 hour fire retardant barrier. Flamecheck Firewall-X meets or exceeds ASTM E-84 and ASTM E-119 test standards as a “Class A” fire-retardant finish. Excellent for exterior surfaces that are near trees, garages, kitchens, movie theaters, senior living facilities, escape rooms, haunted houses, and much more. Special order item; not subject to returns, usually ships in 1-2 business days. Orders over 10 gallons may require a 1 week lead time.
Flamecheck Firewall is an intumescent paint/coating that meets or exceeds a “Class A” fire rating according to ASTM E-119 testing standards that will provide a 1 to 2-hour fire barrier. Flamecheck Firewall is a water-based fire-retardant textured paint/coating that is non-toxic, non-allergenic, low VOC’s, and environmentally friendly. Flamecheck Firewall is available in interior or exterior paint. Can be color matched, including vivid bright colors.
Flamecheck Firewall has been tested in an independent laboratory to ensure that Flamecheck Firewall meets or exceeds IBC (International Building Code) for the following standards:
- ASTM E-84
- UL 723
- ASTM E-119
- UL 263
- ASTM E-648
Flamecheck Firewall is:
- Non-Toxic fire retardant
- Non-Corrosive fire retardant
- Environmentally Friendly fire retardant
- Low VOC’s
- Safe around kids and pets
- Easy to use on paintable surfaces
- Made in the USA
Flamecheck Firewall Applications:
- Wood-plastic composite
- Plastic products
- Cement board
- ABS plastic panels (haunted houses and escape rooms)
- Any paintable surface
Flamecheck Firewall Coverage:
Apply at a coverage rate of 50-100 sq ft per gallon to achieve a Class A finish for ATM E-84 standards. Always test your application technique to meet the standard required. Different substrates will require a different amount of protection. Test for your application's suitability.
- Small Applications: Use a professional-quality paintbrush or roller.
- Larger Applications: Airless spray gun with a 419-423 or 519-523 spray tip is recommended and 3000+ PSI pressure.
- Surface Preparations: Repair all surface imperfections. Do not apply over products containing separate compounds. If the surface is in good condition, clean to remove all dirt, grease, oil, wax, and any other contaminants. Sand to remove blemishes.
- Clean up: Clean all equipment using soap and water immediately after use. Dispose of rags and containers as per your state and local regulations.
- SAFETY NOTE: We suggest that you use standard paint precautions, such as providing adequate ventilation. Keep away from the face and eyes and store Flamecheck Firewall out of the reach of children.
Can Flamecheck Firewall protect my home from a wild/brush fire?
Trees can be a huge fire hazard. If you have trees near your property you will want to have adequate protection. Imagine if a tree near your house fell over, landed on your patio, and continued to burn for an hour maybe two. This is where you want to have Flamecheck Firewall-X. Flamecheck Firewall is often referred to as a coating instead of a paint because it has a bumpy finish similar to textured paints. It's a great product to use on the outside of your home as well as inside your garage giving you that extra time to escape the fire.
Although, nothing can give you a 100% guarantee against fire, with the right preparation it is possible to be passed over by a wildfire. Fire will always take the route of least resistance, make sure your home is not an easy target.
Disclaimer: Flamecheck makes no guarantee, nor any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use regarding the suitability of this product for any particular purpose or use, nor does it assume any liability arising out of the application or mis-use of this product. Application techniques vary; therefore, it is the end user’s responsibility to test and verify the application techniques and suitability of this product for the intended use. Always test after application. Flamecheck International LLC only warrants the quality control of this product.
Keep out of the reach of children. Ingestion of this product, or contact with eyes or skin, can result in serious injury. Use in a well-ventilated area. If swallowed CONTACT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY. Contact with eyes or skin, flush with copious amounts of water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
1 Quart, 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon Bucket