Flamecheck Paint-X is an exterior paint that will give you a “Class A” fire retardant finish on most building materials according to the ASTM E-84 testing standards. Suitable for use on exterior paintable surfaces, such as; wood, brick stucco. *Paint die lots will vary from batch to batch, please be sure to order enough to complete the job, we can not guarantee the color and sheen will match from batch to batch.* Special order item; not subject to returns, may take up to 3 business days to ship.
Flamecheck™ Paint-X meets or exceeds ASTM E-84 with a “Class A” rating on most building materials.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Safe around kids and pets
- Low VOCs
- Made in the USA
Flamecheck™ Paint-X is available in any color. When dry and cured it’s washable. UV stable and has been tested for over 20 years without cracking or peeling. *Paint can vary from batch to batch, order enough paint to complete the job in one order, we cannot guarantee the color and sheen to match from batch to batch. Do Not Dilute Flamecheck™ Paint-X.
Flamecheck™ Paint-X Applications:
- Building materials
- Most paintable surfaces
Coverage: Approximately 350-400 sq. ft. per gallon per coat. Apply 2 coats a minimum of 2 mils thick to achieve an ASTM E-84 “Class A” finish.
Use Flamecheck™ Paint-X:
- Hotels & Motels
- Conference Centers
- Movie Theaters
- Shopping Centers
- Exterior wood surfaces
- Doors and window frames
Flamecheck™ Paint-X Certifications and Testing:
- ASTM E-84 (spread of flame test) Certified on various building materials
- This “Class A” fire-retardant paint passes the ASTM E-84 Steiner Tunnel test with ZERO smoke and ZERO flame spread on a wooden substrate.
- ASTM E-84 test on Drywall
- ASTM E-84 test on wood paneling
- ASTM E-84 test on pine lumber
- ASTM E-84 test on Hemlock wood panel
- UL 723 & UL 263
- UBC 8-1
- Flamecheck™ Paint-X meets or exceeds worldwide fire-retardant standards on most substrates and building materials
- French M1 & M3
- British BS 5852
- British 476 part 7
- CAN 4-S102
Test: On a test piece of material (after treated and dried), use a propane torch (10 seconds) to verify you have enough on the surface and that it does not support any flame and self-extinguishes when the flame is removed.
Safety Note: Use standard paint precautions, such as providing adequate ventilation. Keep away from the face and eyes and store Flamecheck™ Paint-X out of reach of children. Wear safety goggles, dust masks, gloves, and apron.
- An airless spray gun with a nozzle of 1.2 mm to 1.7 mm is recommended. With 500 sq. ft. or more an airless paint sprayer that operates out of a 5-gallon container is recommended.
- Smaller applications can be applied with a high-quality paintbrush or roller.
- Surface Preparations: Be sure the material you are treating is clean and free of dust, grease, and unsightly spots.
- Clean up: Use soap and water, follow standard cleaning instructions for water-based (latex/acrylic) paint.
- Disposal: follow local guidelines for latex paint disposal.
Other Features & Uses of Flamecheck™ Paint-X:
- “Class A” fire protection on most building materials.
- For use on wood, stucco, brick, or any paintable surface.
- UV stable and has been demonstrated to significantly inhibit sun fading.
- Flamecheck™ Paint-X helps to protect the wood from mildew and dampness.
- When dry, Flamecheck™ Paint-X drastically decreases the danger of fire spreading by raising the point of ignition.
- Flamecheck™ Paint-X is safe to use in areas of daily human contact.
- Flamecheck™ Paint-X is extremely durable and has been known to last up to 20 years under normal conditions.
- 5-year shelf life in a sealed/unopened container.
Disclaimer: Flamecheck makes no guarantee, nor any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use regarding the suitability of this product for any particular purpose or use, nor does it assume any liability arising out of the application or mis-use of this product. Application techniques vary; therefore, it is the end user’s responsibility to test and verify the application techniques and suitability of this product for the intended use. Always test after application. Flamecheck International LLC only warrants the quality control of this product.
Keep out of the reach of children. Ingestion of this product, or contact with eyes or skin, can result in serious injury. Use in a well-ventilated area. If swallowed CONTACT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY. Contact with eyes or skin, flush with copious amounts of water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
1 Quart, 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon Bucket