Flamecheck™ Firewall-IN (interior) is an intumescent fire retardant coating that meets or exceeds a “Class A” rating on most building materials for ASTM E-84 and ASTM E-119 standards. Excellent for homes and commercial applications; kitchens, garage, electrical rooms, theaters, senior living facilities, hotels, haunted houses, escape rooms and much more. Special order item; not subject to returns, may take up to 3 business days to ship.
- Flamecheck Firewall Application Instructions
- Flamecheck Firewall Product Data Sheet & Certifications
- SDS Sheet for Flamecheck Firewall-IN
Flamecheck™ Firewall is an intumescent paint/coating that meets or exceeds a “Class A” fire rating according to ASTM E-119 testing standards that will provide a 1 to 2 hour fire barrier. Flamecheck™ Firewall is a water-based fire-retardant textured paint/coating that is non-toxic, non-allergenic, low VOC’s and environmentally friendly. Flamecheck™ Firewall is available in interior or exterior paint. Can be color matched, including vivid bright colors.
Flamecheck™ Firewall has been tested in an independent laboratory to ensure that Flamecheck™ Firewall meets or exceeds IBC (International Building Code) for the following standards:
- ASTM E-84
- UL 723
- ASTM E-119
- UL 263
- ASTM E-648
Flamecheck™ Firewall is:
- Non-Toxic fire retardant
- Non-Corrosive fire retardant
- Environmentally Friendly fire retardant
- Low VOC’s
- Safe around kids and pets
- Easy to use on paintable surfaces
- Made in the USA
Flamecheck™ Firewall Applications:
- Wood-plastic composite
- Plastic products
- Cement board
- ABS plastic panels (haunted houses and escape rooms)
- Any paintable surface
Flamecheck™ Firewall Coverage:
One gallon of Flamecheck™ Firewall will flameproof an average 300-350 sq. ft. (one coat). Apply 2 coats 3-4 mils thick to achieve a “Class A” finish.
- Small Applications: Use a professional quality paint brush or roller.
- Larger Applications: Airless spray gun with a fan nozzle of 3/8 inch orifice is recommended and 3000+ PSI pressure.
- Surface Preparations: Repair all surface imperfections. Do not apply over products containing separate compounds. If the surface is in good condition, clean to remove all dirt, grease, oil, wax and any other contaminants. Sand to remove blemishes.
- Clean up: Clean all equipment using soap and water immediately after use. Dispose of rags and containers as per your state and local regulations.
- SAFETY NOTE: We suggest that you use standard paint precautions, such as providing adequate ventilation. Keep away from the face and eyes and store Flamecheck™ Firewall out of the reach of children.
Can Flamecheck™ Firewall protect my home from a wild/brush fire?
Trees can be a huge fire hazard. If you have trees near your property you will want to have adequate protection. Imagine if a tree near your house fell over, landed on your patio and continued to burn for an hour maybe two. This is where you want to have Flamecheck Firewall-X. Flamecheck Firewall is often referred to as a coating instead of a paint because it has a bumpy finish similar to textured paints. It's a great product to use on the outside of your home as well as inside your garage giving you that extra time to escape the fire.
Although, nothing can give you a 100% guarantee against fire, with the right preparation it is possible to be passed over by a wildfire. Fire will always take the route of least resistance, make sure your home is not an easy target.
Disclaimer: Flamecheck makes no guarantee, nor any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use regarding the suitability of this product for any particular purpose or use, nor does it assume any liability arising out of the application or mis-use of this product. Application techniques vary; therefore, it is the end user’s responsibility to test and verify the application techniques and suitability of this product for the intended use. Always test after application. Flamecheck International LLC only warrants the quality control of this product.
Keep out of the reach of children. Ingestion of this product, or contact with eyes or skin, can result in serious injury. Use in a well-ventilated area. If swallowed CONTACT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY. Contact with eyes or skin, flush with copious amounts of water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
1 Quart, 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon Bucket