Flamecheck FIF Clear Coat-X (exterior) is a water-based polyurethane fire-retardant clear coat finish. Meets or exceeds ASTM E-84 and NFPA 255 with a “Class A” rating. This product is a beautiful durable clear coat made for interior or exterior wood surfaces and is extra durable for use on wood flooring, paneling, furniture, and much more. Flamecheck FIF Clear Coat-X Applications:
- Wood & Paneling
- Wood decking
- Wood furniture
- Much more…
Flamecheck FIF Clear Coat-X fire retardant finish that imparts a “Class A” fire rating on most building materials according to ASTM E-84 standards. Flamecheck FIF Clear Coat-X works by creating a fire-retardant barrier that stops the spread of flame.
- Beautiful clear finish
- Durable (abrasion-resistant)
- Easy to use & clean up
- Low VOC’s 33g/l or less
- Safe to use in areas of daily human contact
- Made in the USA
- NFPA 255
- ASTM E-84
- UBC 8-1 (42-1)
Flamecheck FIF Clear Coat Coverage: Apply at a coverage rate of 100 sq ft per gallon to achieve a Class A finish for ATM E-84 standards. Always test your application technique to meet the standard required. Application Methods:
- Mix well, before use. Do not dilute.
- Small Applications: High quality or professional paintbrush or roller.
- Larger Applications: Airless spray gun that operates out of a 5-gallon bucket.
- Wooden decking – lamb’s wool applicator
- Dipping the item is an acceptable application.
- Plastic flowers
- Movie sets
- Mix thoroughly
- Do Not Dilute.
- Intermix if using multiple containers to assure sheen uniformity.
Surface Preparations: Be sure the material you are treating is clean and free of dust, grease, and unsightly spots. Repair all surface imperfections and sand to remove blemishes, using finer sandpaper to remove scratches until smooth. After sanding, remove dust using a tack rag.
Clean-Up: Clean all equipment using soap and water immediately after use. Clean up spills using soap and water. Dispose of contaminated rags as local and state regulations require.
Dry Time: This product dries in 2-4 hours at 77° with no more than 50% humidity. Humidity and low temperatures will extend dry times. Recoat in 48 hours if necessary. After final coating on horizontal surfaces allow 48 hours for light use and 72 hours for heavy use. Do not get wet until fully cured (4 days).
Test: Always perform a test on a sample piece of material to verify that your application technique is successful. Not tested or approved for use over oil-based stains.
SAFETY NOTE: Use standard paint precautions, such as providing adequate ventilation. Keep away from the face and eyes. Wear safety gear: goggles, masks, overalls, and gloves.
- Remove all electrical devices from the area being treated – televisions, computers, stereo equipment, etc., or cover with a plastic drop cloth. Ground all equipment
- Heating and Air Conditioning systems and appliances that are in the spraying area are to be shut off and remain inoperative until completion of spray application. Cover all air ducts, return air openings, and appliance openings to prevent Flamecheck FIF Clear Coat from getting into the ducting or equipment. Always properly ground all equipment before handling.
Certification may require application by a Certified General Applicator to comply with requirements in CA, NY, and MA.
Disposal: Follow all state and local guidelines for water-based paint disposal even after the container is empty.
Storage: Keep in a cool dry place. Protect from freezing.
Disclaimer: Flamecheck makes no guarantee, nor any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular use regarding the suitability of this product for any particular purpose or use, nor does it assume any liability arising out of the application or mis-use of this product. Application techniques vary; therefore, it is the end user’s responsibility to test and verify the application techniques and suitability of this product for the intended use. Always test after application. Flamecheck International LLC only warrants the quality control of this product. For the complete disclaimer regarding this product, visit www.flamecheck.com Keep out of the reach of children. Ingestion of this product, or contact with eyes or skin, can result in serious injury. Use in a well-ventilated area. If swallowed CONTACT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY. Contact with eyes or skin, flush with copious amounts of water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.